Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
We celebrate the visible and invisible qualities that make people who they are.
We acknowledge that every person brings a unique perspective, experience, and desire to achieve equities in health, education, and financial stability.
We believe that every community member must have access to ample resources to solve community problems.
We strive for inclusive principles in the very fabric of how we operate and engage with those we serve.
We commit to being accountable to these principles and adjusting as appropriate going forward.
Anti-Racism and Ethnic Discrimination Five Point Statement
- We recognize and understand that structural racism/ethnic discrimination and other forms of oppression have contributed to persistent disparities in Northeast Louisiana which we seek to dismantle.
- We unequivocally denounce racism/ethnic discrimination because it undermines the well-being and vitality of our community.
- Our United Way network strives to engage community members, especially those whose voices have traditionally been marginalized.
- We work with residents and public and private/ partners to co-create solutions that ensure everyone has the resources, support, opportunities, and networks they need to thrive.
- We commit to leveraging all assets (convening, strategic investments, awareness building, advocacy) to create more equitable communities.